We have found ourselves to get involve in team work on different basis of life and also on individual work, but most times it tends to be individual especially the school system doesn’t allow team work.
Some people prefer to work individually and others in teams. Both have advantages and disadvantages. The key is finding the rights tasks for each one. Take a look below for pros and cons of these work styles.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Teamwork
- Working in teams increases collaboration and allows brainstorming. As a result, more ideas are developed and productivity improves.
- Two or more people are always better than one for solving problems, finishing off difficult tasks and increasing creativity.
- Everyone is unique and has different skills, backgrounds and experiences. Therefore, others in a team can help you see things from a different angle.
- Teamwork encourages communication between team members. For this reason, relations between employees tend to be better and over time employees learn to communicate better.
- In some teams, there may be members who sit back and let others do all the work. In these types of teams conflicts may occur and this can affect the mood of others in the team.
- Working in a team requires many meetings and these meetings, if not managed well, can go off topic and decrease the efficiency of the team.
- Making decisions can take longer for the sake of finding a consensus. Hence, delays occur.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Individual Work
We hope you have gotten the difference as we analyse the advantages and disadvantagea of teamwork over individual and also individual over team work.